Global finance minds come together at Monash
Monash Business School is proud to host the 12th Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference and PhD symposium (FMCG 2022), April 20-22, 2022.
This global conference will bring together the world’s leading finance experts, discussing and sharing current research and emerging trends in the Australian and international finance sector.
The three day virtual event will feature daily key-note presentations and in-depth panel discussions hosted by leading global thinkers in areas of digital finance, environmental finance and superannuation (pension) funds.
Professor Wei Jiang, Arthur F. Burns Professor of Free and Competitive Enterprise, Columbia Business School
Professor Roni Michaely, Professor of Finance and Entrepreneurship at the University of Hong Kong
Professor Lu Zhang, John W. Galbreath Chair, and a Professor of Finance at the Fisher College, Ohio State University
A wide range of topics will be discussed across the 3-day event including;
- Cashless payment and financial inclusion
- Relationship lending when borrowers are in distress
- The impact of the deposit channel on the international transmission of monetary shocks
- Corporate environmental policy and product market competition
- Greenhouse gas disclosure and emissions benchmarking
- The effect of ESG-motivated turnover on firm financial risk
- Monitoring secretive start-ups
- In search of a unicorn
- Pension fund activism behind the scenes
- COVID-induced migration and municipal bonds
- A shot in the arm: the effect of Covid-19 vaccine news on financial commodity markets
- How fragile are loan mutual funds
- Do married CEOs foster more efficient innovation?
- Banks as "anchors": The role of banks in funding innovation
- Opioid epidemic and mortgage default
The conference is expected to be attended by academics and practitioners from around the world. This event is free and will be held virtually across the three days.
The full program is available here.