Westpac offers emergency support for customers impacted by Queensland floods
WESTPAC will provide emergency support for customers impacted by the floods in Maryborough and surrounding regions in Queensland.
Westpac chief customer engagement officer, Ross Miller said, “Westpac and StGeorge have customer teams standing by to help those in need of financial assistance resulting from the floods that have impacted the region in recent days.
“We know that the floods have caused damage to homes and businesses following significant rainfall over the weekend. We want our customers to know there are a range of tailored support options available to help them get back on their feet, including home and business loan deferrals and emergency credit card relief.
“We know these situations provide a great deal of stress and uncertainty for households and businesses. We want our customers to know we are only a phone call away if they need our help,” Mr Miller said.
Emergency support available:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Affected customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected customers experiencing hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Affected customers with Westpac business loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance, including monthly terminal access fee waivers for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
- Westpac consumer customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
- St George consumer customers can apply online or call St George Assist on 1800 629 795. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call St George Assist on 1800 629 795.